Monday, February 8, 2010

Summer of the Midnight Sun (Book one of the Alaskan Quest Series) by Tracie Peterson


I wasn't the biggest fan of this book. I haven't decided if I want to read any more of it either. I give it 3 out of 5 stars. Leah Barringer lives in Last Chance, Alaska with her brother Jacob. Having been spurned by a previous love over 10 years prior, she felt her chances of landing a husband were dwindling fast. But Jayce Kincaid shows back up in her life, throwing everything off balance.

All the characters save for 1 in this book are very devout Christians. Not to say that this is a bad thing, Ms. Peterson definitely didn't plow the religion down my throat, she actually explained a few things and I found it to be a bit enlightening.

The wrench in the whole thing was that Chase Kincaid (Jayce's evil twin brother) was going around assuming his twin's identity, so ther Pinkerton's (similar to the FBI) were after him. One agent sends his sister on his trail, but she ends up going after the real Jayce. So when it comes down to the wire and they're reaching the climax of the story: the end. Talk about cliffhangers. All this buildup for resolving the situation and.. nothing. That's why I'm not so sure about book 2. Is this same cat and mouse chase going to last forever?

I'm still pondering that issue. But you may find it interesting if you're interested in 1915 Alaska.

No comments: