Monday, January 26, 2009

I'll be on the other side

It's the end of another day, I'm ready to hit the trails toward home. It's a crisp cool afternoon in late January. The smell of Spring is in the air. Although it's far off from official springtime, I just can't wait for the fresh warm air. I especially enjoy the breeze billowing curtains at home, the sun shining in, and the dog walks.

Dog walking is one of the most enjoyable times you can have with your dog. Not only is it good for the dog to get exercise, but owners also have a chance to get exercise, all the while spending quality happy time with their best friend.

That's the perfect motivator for those of you who are wanting to shed a few pounds or just step up the activity. I know everytime I reach into our dogs' leash drawer, they go nuts, jumping and happy that they get to take a walk. It's fascinating to see a dog's face light up with the thought of getting out in the sun for a trek. It's an amazing feat to see your Border Collie jump three feet straight into the air because you've pulled out his leash, all the while sporting the biggest grin in history! That's what I call pure excitement.

So the next time you want to go for a hike in the woods, a stroll around the block, or a leisure trek through the park, remember to bring your buddy with you, and you will wonder why you ever left home without them.

It's the little things in life that make it worth living. I'll be on the other side of happiness tonight.

No comments: