Thursday, November 19, 2009

Once Bitten, Twice Shy (Book 1 of the Jaz Parks Series) by Jennifer Rardin

It's been a bit since I first read this book. Honestly, I think I have to say that this is by far one of my all-time favorite series out there. I give this entire series 5 stars and enthusiastically suggest that you read them too!

Jaz Parks works for the CIA, she's an assassin, recently assigned to work as an assistant for Vayl, vampire, who's worked as an assassin for the CIA for quite a long time. They make a great team, especially since Jaz is what's called a "sensitive", she can detect certain things, and when certain powers are engaged she is also somewhat immune to them.

This book is action packed. A crooked senator is in cahoots with Mohammed Khad Abn-Assad, renowed terrorist who's made what's called the Red Plague. It will infect a vampire and then spread to humans, basically annihalating both species. Vayl and Jaz have to work together to stop this plague before it's released, while they battle immense attractions for one another.

Jaz totes my favorite weapon, Grief. A Walter PPK that's modified into a kickin' crossbow by her friend, and CIA consultant genious Miles Bergman, which definitely helps the death rate to vamps on her bad side rise!

Jaz is witty and extremely hilarious. I guarantee you'll be laughing at many parts of all the books in this series and people will think you're crazy! That's just some of the fun stuff!

Buffy the Vampire Slayer, mixed with James Bond, and some other cool genres really make this series shine!



9 comments:

SusiSunshine said...

I always wanted to start this series and you just sealed the deal. Will order book 1 now!
Great review!

Mandi said...

This sounds like a fun series! I love witty characters :)

Stories of a Phoenix said...

It is well worth it!

MrsMixx said...

You are killing me! I bought this books months ago when you recommended it to me and i still haven't read it! :C and now you're taunting me lol i need to read it ;)
I'm glad you're back sweetie, Muahhhhh i missed you

Stories of a Phoenix said...

HA! I've got a bunch more of that series to plow through. I'm only going to make it worse on you. MUAHAHAHAHA!

Stories of a Phoenix said...

LMAO. What happens if I post reviews for the rest of the books today? I don't think you can read that fast mah dear lol. *Evil grin*

MrsMixx said...

whouhou i left 1 hours for dinner and when i come back your blog has changed already *g*

Ahhhh well lol i'll have to ignore the reviews for a while then ;) I'm pretty sure i can't read that fast ;) Have you read the last Jaz Parks that was released not long ago?

Stories of a Phoenix said...

I have! It was Amazazing!!!

MrsMixx said...

i knew i shouldn't have asked! you tease ;)