Friday, March 26, 2010

Darkfever (Book 1 of The Fever Series) by Karen Marie Moning


This book was really, really good. I give it 5 out of 5 stars. Why? So many things.

Let's start with Mac, she's smart, sexy, and definintely nothing like the stereotype says for her. Her sister is murdered in Dublin, Ireland, and she sets off to find the killer when the police stop the investigation. She stumbles into a world she never thought could exist, didn't believe it could.

Enter Jericho, owner of a massive bookstore that puts even the best of libraries to shame.

Thinking that a bookstore is a good a place as any to get some information, she asks the woman behind the counter if she's heard of a Sinsar Dubh, something her sister said in a voice message hours before her death. The woman tenses up and starts saying she needed to talk to the owner, Jericho. Whoa nilly, is he a steamy guy.

He tries to warn Mac that she's treading on dangerous waters and needed to go home immediately, even threatened her a bit. But stubborn as she is, she decided to stay. Jericho helps her, teaches her about what she is trying to find, only to find that she is something special too. Very special.

There were also parts in this book that made me bust out laughing. There are certain royalty fae that can practically make a woman pine for sex in an instant. Mac finds herself randomly removing clothing when she sees one. It was very funny. Steamy. But funny.

Then at the end, Jericho is helping Mac with a manicure when she broaches a new subject. He interupts by saying he won't help her shave her legs. I about fell on the floor.

I highly recommend this book, and the whole series to all fans of paranormal!

6 comments:

MrsMixx said...

*g* I started book 3! I love this series. And that scene at the end with the leg shaving made me laugh a lot. I love Barron!
Have you read book 2 yet? So many things happening!

Stories of a Phoenix said...

I haven't read it yet, but I definitely want to. The problem, as I mentioned on Twitter is that Aisling has started speaking and I'm slowing down the reading to let her get out what she needs to say!

MrsMixx said...

Ahhh yes I understand! And book 2 is SO intense that you wouldn't be able to put it down so you need time. =) Whenever Ailsing stops talking ;) hehe

Stories of a Phoenix said...

Definitely got that as the plan. Book 1 is probably going to be a long one, with all the details I keep obsessing over and ultimately adding to it. I think you'll really like it.

MrsMixx said...

Stop teasing me! lol ;) I'm so happy the words are flowing out of you =)

Stories of a Phoenix said...

Hehe, sorry. I don't mean to tease! Honest! *shifty eyes*