Friday, March 26, 2010

Seduce the Darkness (Book 4 of the Alien Huntress Series) by Gena Showalter


Well when I checked this book out of the library, I was totally under the impression that this was the first book of the series. But that's okay, because it was written in a way that I was perfectly capable of keeping up. First of all, this is paranormal romance, so with each book comes a new set of people. I give this a lovely 5 out of 5 stars.

The story follows Bride McKells, living in New Chicago (a postapocalyptic world), who also happens to be a vampire. She's been searching the area for her long lost little sister of sorts, Aleaha Love. They had been separated with Aleaha was still young.

One day she catches the scent of her young friend, she stumbles into Devyn de bon Laci, the king of the Targons. He just so happens to be a womanizer and he's very good at what he does. When she doesn't catch on to his charm he bores of her, until he realizes that she's a vampire. Living on the surface is punishable by death for the vampires.

Bride vows to take revenge on the man who refuses to take her to her young friend, and she does so, causing a major upheaval with AIR (Alien Investigation & Removal Agency), where Devyn works.

They duke it out, and finally Devyn gets her right where he wants her. Steaminess begin!

Before they know it they're in love, Bride finds Aleaha, and goes to the vampire underground to learn about her race. But this is where things get tricky...

I highly recommend you read this series, I know I am!

5 comments:

Mandi said...

I haven't read Showalter but from this review and what others have said, I know I will like her :)

MrsMixx said...

I've been eying (eyeing?) this series for a while and I think I might give it a try. But of course I'll start with the 1st in the series lol I just CAN't read them out of order (OCD lol)
It looks very promising!

Stories of a Phoenix said...

I thought the same thing, not reading these things out of order. Luckily these are romances so they're new people in each book so i wasn't lost or anything!

MrsMixx said...

At least that's a good thing! You can go back to read the first books without any problems then =)

Stories of a Phoenix said...

Exactly, and I do plan to do that, I just have no clue how long it'll be before I can get to them though!