Thursday, March 4, 2010

Inspiration for werewolf character in my book


Here's Oreo. You've seen her knawing on my nose, and if you've seen my myspace you can tell a lot by the pictures on there. She's a dog of many faces. This happens to be one them. Though she is at the end of a yawn, she looks crazy viscious. When playing with the other dogs, sometimes the teeth see the light of day, but never to this extent, unless it's an all out fight, which isn't really too fun to break up, by the way.

She reminds me a lot of the nothing dog/wolf from the Neverending Story. Although not as anatomically void of looking real (lol) she looks much more viscious to the unsuspecting victim.

Shadow, my star werewolf in my book spends the majority of his time in his were form. Think this picture at about double the size, and you've got about a 150 lb werewolf that's all black with big teeth and claws looking right at you. But to his friends and especially to Aisling (my heroine) he's just like Oreo, play-knawing on noses and all!

Look out world. Shadow will eat you alive!

3 comments:

MrsMixx said...

OMG that is one scary picture! I can see the werewolf in her, have you checked she really isn't one herself? lol

MrsMixx said...

By the way such a cute name to such a 'cruel' beast...i love Oreos

Stories of a Phoenix said...

If she is, she stays in her wolfie form!

I got the name because when she was a pup she had a white dot on her chest, which is now mostly covered up by all that black fur.

So, as you can tell, she can provide nice inspiration for Shadow scenes!