Tuesday, December 1, 2009

The Christmas Lamp by Lori Copeland


Ok I wasn't a huge fan of this. BUT it's not to say that this was a bad book! It was good for what it was. This novella follows the story of Roni and Jake. Nativity, Missouri is failing and Jake is brought in to help save the town. What he wasn't expecting was falling for Roni.

Nativity is big on Xmas and they didn't like the fact that Jake came in to take it away from them, as they were spending too much money on it. This also had a lot of religious themes to it as well, which I prefer when that stuff is left out. But I digress.

It's a nice heartwarming tale of love during the Christmas season. It reminded me of a Nicholas Sparks book. I suggest if you're looking for some light reading that you check this book out.

2 comments:

MrsMixx said...

humm i know it's christmas soon but i might not be THAT much into christmas yet. and well, i'm not much into religion (lol that's a nice way to say it) but that's not a big problem. I'm not saying i wouldn't read it, i think it could be a great read for Xmas! =)

Stories of a Phoenix said...

Yeah I don't want to come across that I didn't like it. It was definitely a good Christmassy story. It was just a little bit heavy, but I suppose that's how it is for the more religious types.