Thursday, July 16, 2009

Vampire Kisses by Ellen Schreiber


Um, where to begin? I'm giving this a generous 3 out of 5 stars. Why? I didn't buy it. Maybe a similar sixteen year old would buy it, I don't know.

A sixteen year old girl has wanted to be a vampire her whole life but when a new family moves into town in the town's famed haunted mansion, she goes on a mission to find out the truth. Some breaking and entering and a bully with spray paint later, she's invited to have dinner with the son, who just so happens to be her age.

She's pretty brave considering she's never had a boyfriend before, because she tries to get him to kiss her from the get go. Once he does, he moves to the nibbles on the neck and her clumsy self knocks a drink onto him and his reaction to the cold liquid causes him to bite down.

She's "in love" and acts like a twelve year old, like a giddy mall frequenter. Complete with screaming when he comes to pick her up to go to the Snow Ball. I've met twelve year olds who are more mature than this chick. If a girl is goin' to act so friggin' stupid, she is definitely not old enough to feel true love, if she did it'd mature her up right quick. It's worth a read, even if its for a laugh. It's quick too.

I won't give away the rest of the goodies, but it definitely wasn't hard to guess what happens in the end.

I'm not saying that Ms. Schreiber wrote a bad book, I'm just saying the characters just rubbed me the wrong way. It's at least worth a look-see. Let me know what you think of it!

1 comment:

Jane said...

I left you an award on my latest blog post! :-)