Thursday, September 10, 2009

Some Girls Bite (Book 1 of the Chicagoland Vampires Series) by Chloe Neill

I completely loved this book. I give it 5 out of 5 stars! As many books go, this wasn't the heart-stopping suspense-driven stuff that starts from the get-go. She starts out subtle. I loved that. We get to learn about Merit, just re-born as a vamp, the only option to save her life when she was attacked outside of University of Chicago.

Being the person she was prior to her death, Merit stood up to the man who saved her, who also happens to be the man called Master of his own house, called Cadogan. Ethan is his name. He is the epitome of sexy and not far into the book we get a huge dose of the chemistry that flows between Merit and Ethan. By this point I was trying not to drool all over the pages as I frantically, desperately wanted more of Merit and Ethan. Needless to say there is a rogue vampire on the loose. The very same that attacked Merit, thus ending her mortal life. So she must work to stay alive, and find out who is behind it all before more people die.

I can't wait for her next book to be released. It's called Friday Night Bites, and it's due to hit shelves October 6th! I highly recommend adding this to your reading list. I'm going to be adding it my shelves as soon as the money tree blooms in my favor.

5 comments:

Mandi said...

I ADORED this book. I loved Merit and Ethan and I really loved Mallory and Catcher!! I can't wait to see what Friday Night Bites brings us.

ps - I see you are reading Street Magic - I loved it..Jack is so cranky!

MrsMixx said...

i have to agree with Mandi here.
I loved with book too! Team Ethan all the way *grins* he's too freaking sexy, just loved it when he eats Hotdogs =D I know you are a Team Ethan too aren't you?
Morgan is sexy and intriguing but i don't trust him, so i don't want to like him too much just in case he turns out to be a bad guy, you know. lol

and again i second Mandi about the Street Magic read! it's darker urban fantasy but i can't wait for book 2 in december *grins*

ahah you're killing me,i couldnt resist reading your reviews when i saw you posted them even if it's 6am and i'm supposed to get ready =P Bad Bad Caroline, getting her fix at her favorite dealer =D

Stories of a Phoenix said...

Mandi, I really loved Mallory and Catch too! They have a lot going on there and I really can't wait for the next one to arrive.

Caroline, I really loved the hot dog scene too and I am definitely Team Ethan. I don't trust Morgan for some reason so I wouldn't want Merit to get close to him.

I am about 1/4 of the way through Street Magic right now and I am liking it so far. Jack has some issues, and I'm not sure why he hates Pete so much.

I give the drug of word. Interesting :)

Chloe Neill said...

SOAP:

Thanks for the review. I'm glad you enjoyed Some Girls Bite, and hope you enjoy FNB, as well!

Best,
Chloe

Stories of a Phoenix said...

Thank you so much for commenting on my blog, Chloe. I can't wait for Friday Night Bites to come out!