Monday, August 10, 2009

Edge of Hunger by Rhyannon Byrd


I read this a few months ago, and by request of one of my loyal readers and friends, I am here to post my review of this lovely series. I loved all three books of this series, and now a Prequel has been released in e-book format, which I will be purchasing soon! Again, this series is a Paranormal Romance, which means all kiddies out there need to steer clear of this until they reach a better age.

These books faithfully follow the Buchanan family. Beginning with Ian in Edge of Danger. Ian fears the darkness inside him, and he's spend the majority of his life running from it. Until a beautiful woman by the name of Molly Stratton enters his life to give him a message from his mother, from beyond the grave. Molly and Ian enter into the same dream, and they realize the darkness is much closer than either of them ever anticipated.

Ian struggles against the urges he feels for Molly, and fears the thirst he begins to feel. But the message his deceased mother passes along is that of a warning. Their great enemy is on the loose, and hunting him. He must control his thirst before it overtakes him.

Thus begins the realization of the ancient Merrick and Casus feud that will leave you thirsting for more.

2 comments:

MrsMixx said...

Loyal, that's me! ;)
As i told you, i'm a newbie to the world of Paranormal Romance (well i've read some Ward and Nalini Singh...but that's all)
I love my books to have a real story and not only an excuse for sex scenes after sex scenes. This is why i read reviews before buying a romance novel! (paranormal or not)

Stories of a Phoenix said...

Oh yeah, I definitely wouldn't recommend one with a bad story with a bad excuse for sex. I like books with story lines :)