Monday, August 31, 2009

Nightwalker (Book 1 of the Dark Days Series) by Jocelynn Drake

I give this book an enthusiastic 5 out of 5 stars. I absolutely loved this book. I can't wait to read the rest of the series.

This book follows a very unique vampire named Mira. She has the ability to create fire, which is unheard of with her kind. She is charged with keeping the peace and maintaining secrecy in her area of the United States. Then Danaus shows up, he's tall, dark, and mysterious and very sexy. He's not a vampire, but he's a hunter. He's been killing off vampires in her area for weeks now, and she's ready to confront him.

Her world entirely unravels as she discovers through Danaus that the vampires' mortal enemies, the Naturi, have returned from their exile. No one believed that they could have returned. Now that Mira and Danaus have a much worse enemy to contend with, they are forced to trust each other and work together to stop them.

As Mira's past comes back to haunt her, she discovers some very unwelcome truth about the nightwalker she trusted with her life.

So, as I said. It is definitely worth reading. With all these books I find so fascinating and wonderful, I'm going to need to convert a whole room into a library before long.

2 comments:

MrsMixx said...

Yay!!! Soo glad ou like it! I just finished reading the short story about Mira from Unbound, it was really good!

Nightwalker is my favorite new series, i am a bit obsessed with these books lol i can't wait to hear what ou think of the following book *grins*

Stories of a Phoenix said...

I can't wait to read them. I've got a lot to read right now, but hopefully in the next month I'll be able to get to the rest :)